Wednesday, May 13, 2009

section #3

I keep hearing that film is dead and film cameras are a thing of the past and digital is better than silver and on and on. Bull Crap! Monet was a great oil painter and the tools he used to produce his art are still being used today. The art comes from the artist, not the tool of creation.

I like modern technology very much, hence my web site & blog. I am not in love with it! I like digital technology because it helps me with a few things. I’m in love with the process of traditional photography, creativity and my wife. The next time you see a library stop, and take a look at the MONA LISA by Da Vinci or Google it up on your digital processor. What makes it a great painting? What makes it a perfectly balanced image with timeliness?

    

Excuse me now please, I must go to twitter some tweeters.

 

Charles Farmer 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for my copy of "Elegant Gorp." I love it! You ROCK dad!

    ReplyDelete